3/03/2009

Slim Chance

Well, some of you might have a hard time believing that I've won something again. I don't blame you after my little April Fool's Joke last year! I can hardly believe it myself! But I did! I'm sure that my luck will change someday!

So, here's the low down:

When we first moved here to New City I found a really great website for moms in the area and it had tons of information on things to do and places to go. I get an email update from it probably once a week. A couple of weeks ago I skimmed over the email and it described a weight loss competition that it wanted to start with one of the moms from the website and were asking for women to submit entries to be in this little competition. There would be two moms chosen to receive 3 months free membership to a local gym and 3 months free with Metabolic Research Center (weight loss program similar to LA Weight Loss or Weight Watchers). This is huge in and of itself! A local radio personality got in on the action too ~ even though he's a guy. So... I had this page open on my computer for about a week and a half. I didn't even turn off my computer! This is something that could change my life if I was ready for it! But I was hesitant. I even drafted a couple of emails with my entry but deleted it. I was worried about how public it would make my life. My issues. But, on the other hand, I knew that I needed to do something. On the last day before the deadline I wrote out my little 'essay' and submitted it. You guessed it! They picked me!!! There were two women chosen out of about 30 entries and I was one of them!!! So what does this mean, you are asking? It's kind of like Biggest Loser but on a much smaller scale. We are all four battling to be the one person with the most weight loss at the end of the 3 months as well as a 'grand prize' (that hasn't really been described yet). The lady from the website and the radio personality do not qualify for the prize at the end so it's just between me and the other mom chosen. During the 3 months we are going to working out together, supporting each other, and blogging about it on their site (right up my alley)! I'm sooo happy for this opportunity! I need this. I need my health back. I need my self-esteem back. This is just the motivation that I needed!

Woohoo!!! Wish me luck!

post signature

PS If any of you want to track it on the website email me and I will send you the link. Because my blog is open to the public, I'm not comfortable publicizing where I live and the link has my hometown in the address. I will be posting some if not all of my posts on here as well but not any of the other contestants! (if you're so inclined to read theirs)

9 comments:

Alison B said...

That is sooooo cool!!!! congrats! Good luck and defintely keep us posted!!! I'm losing motivation as well. go ahead and send me the link...i'm interested.

Good for you. THis is totally exciting. I'm excited for you.

dottie said...

Steph, we wish you all the luck in the world on this. We'll be wantin that link also!!!

Great seeing you guys this past weekend, hope it happens again soon. I miss you so much, my "trouble buddy" is missing!!!

Melisa said...

Look at you, girl! That is so awesome!

Email me the link, if you don't mind. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Link Link Link! Where's MY link?!?

~Michelle said...

Can't wait to track your progress...no pressure!! Good luck and please email me the link!

melissa said...

very exciting! i love exercise, so i hope that it is fun and exciting and motivating and especially that you see it work for you! i am a huge biggest loser fan, so anything like that will be great i'm sure! you go girl!

amberd. said...

Congrats congrats congrats!!! I love you! I am so proud of you! I wold love to track your progress...duh. I think you're great. And basically...I KNOW you will win!

love you!

Anonymous said...

i THOUGHT this was the contest i heard on the radio! i'll cross my fingers for you...is it 12 weeks?

Steph said...

Alisha, it is for 12 weeks. And I'm competing with Alex Hart from B98!