Several months ago when I agreed to run a 5K with my friend I secretly thought I was crazy. Then, as I lost weight and increased my endurance for running I thought: I can do this!
I thought I would be excited when race day finally arrived.
I'm not.
I feel like an idiot.
I don't want to go.
My friends have backed out of running for one reason or another and I haven't been training like I should.
Obviously, I'm the only one that will be disappointed with my poor performance. Disappointed in myself.
Only my sister is planning on being there to cheer me on.
My kids won't see me run my first 5K race because I'm too prideful to ask my husband to bring them... he hasn't offered.

3 comments:
Run, Forrest, run!
i would've come, but dr's oreders kept me from doin anything, but i'm proud of you and so is your brother :) i did get to see the video of you making the finish line, you did great!
ok, i'm glad that pity party is over!!!! YOU DID IT! I'M SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!
Post a Comment