1/11/2010

Wow. I Love Her.

I wrote this post the first of November. I'm making efforts to return to blogging...

As Aspen entered the van after school today she announced that something really bad happened at school today. When I asked her what it was she told me that she would have to tell me later in private.

Later in private... she came into my room and shut the door. She informed me that today at school her two best friends both used the 'F' word and the 'B' word.

Her: "I don't know what to do about it."
Me: "Do want my advice or are you just wanting to tell me about it?"
Her: "I don't know. I guess I want your help."
I thought about it for a minute.
Me: "Well, you could tell them that it makes you uncomfortable when they use those bad words."
Her: "And sad."
Me: "Sad? Are you sad because you think they won't be friends with you anymore?"
Her: "No. Sad because I won't be friends with them anymore."

Wow.
I love her.

post signature

10 comments:

Kim said...

awww..that's awesome!

Crystal said...

Good Girl!!!!



I so need to not cuss too.....

Alison B said...

That is so sweet. What a good girl. Also, I love that you asked her if she wanted your advice, or if she just wanted you to listen! What a great mom you are!!! how old is she, anyways?

Steph said...

Alison, she's 10.
Believe me, I wanted to just scream! I bit my tongue though... thought it might be very good to over-react!

Amanda said...

What a good girl you have! :o)

The Wagoner Gang said...

I sooo miss her! She is a good kid and very smart!!!

D-lyn said...

Awww. how sweet and wonderful that she recognizes that she wants to not hear those kinds of words.
You must be doin good mom teaching her.

Adrienne said...

I miss steph's blog =(

Steph said...

thanks, adrienne! i'm looking to do better.... just got a new camera!

Alisa said...

Wow, in so many ways children are our examples. Way to go Aspen! Steph, I admire you!