Many of you will remember my post: Blog Slacker where I described my stress levels and how we had found the perfect house... yadda, yadda, yadda. Well, that didn't turn out so good. In our offer on that house we had it contingent on the sale of our current house. I guess that means that the sellers have the option of accepting another offer if they want... which is exactly what they did. Gggrrrr. So we had to start over. We found another one and this time found a way to go ahead and buy it even though our current house hadn't sold. It was a foreclosure that had a 10 day bidding period that they would take the best offer within in that period. We decided to offer just above asking so that we could guarantee getting it. Um. No. Someone was actually dumber than us and paid even more. We found out that we didn't get that house on Monday. New kid enrollment for the new city was on Wednesday. My absolutely wonderful realtor frantically tried to get us signed on to a different house so that I could go ahead and enroll the kids but to no avail. So I threw the kids in the car on Tuesday drove straight to my sister's and then went to the Nearby City to find an apartment or rent house that I could get a rental agreement on so that we would have an address for enrollment day! We called about 6 or 7 apartment complexes before I left but nobody had any vacant!! So I got in the car and left. I got to Nearby City at 4:45 - 15 minutes before all offices would be closing!!! I drove straight to a complex that my realtor told me about but couldn't find a phone number for and just crossed my fingers that I would find the right person to help me out. Wouldn't you know it! There were a couple of men in the parking lot next to a truck and I asked them who I would need to talk to about renting a place and one of those gentlemen happened to be the property manager!!! AND he said that he had a place vacant and we could take a look!! It was a two bedroom townhouse that they were cleaning up and working on! It was perfect! Plus, he said that we could go to his office across town and fill out the paper work and get the rental agreement right then. Wow. Was I ever grateful. He even let us sign a 6 month lease instead of a year because of our situation. Two bedrooms for a family of 6 is going to be tight but we'll manage. This will give us time to sell our current home and find the perfect home in Nearby City. {sigh of relief} The kids are enrolled and I even signed up for their public library cards. Kind of exciting. We're moving in 9 days. Just in time for school to start and for Geoff to start work.
Man, what a ride.

9 comments:
Your title says it all!! Good luck with all that. ((hugs))
Cindi
Madness! It makes you want to go live in a cabin in the Canadian Rockies! (I sort of want to do that anyway.)
Man, what a boring life you have.
Glad it's you and not me, not that I want you guys to leave......Your life is never boring, you seem to have a way of adding elements that jazz it up more than others :) Like the trip to "Nearby City", lol.
You're one CRAZY Mama but we all love ya anyway!!!!
I am so glad that it all worked out. I can only imagine the feeling of not having a place and the kids needing to start school. What do you do??? What a lot of stress for you!
Gosh Steph - I would have been in tears about 4:45 - you handle it like a pro. 9 days - well more like 6 or 7 now - YEAH!!!!
Richard, a cabin in the Canadian Rockies would be great!! Sounds so relaxing!
Crissy, because I'm not so unlike you, I DID cry. I just failed to disclose that in the post. Having Terra with me was great though. Her and I TOGETHER are really good at finding the humor in things! After I cried, we laughed our heads off!
I am glad to see things working out for you !!! u always seem to laugh at things while ur crying or after!! I bet ur whole family is excited about this move!!!! I am happy for you guys!!!
Jenn McElroy
Anyone still stuck in the elevator with me?
Can't wait till this page moves with new info from the "nearby city"!
Post a Comment