8/20/2009

Lessons Learned From The First Day of School

Lesson #1:

Under NO circumstances should you let your 5 year old stay up till 9:30 PM the night before the first day of school. Even if it is for a Father’s Blessing and the daddy is getting home late from work. If you do, THIS might happen:CIMG8956

He was the only Kindergartener freaking out. Full on wall-eyed fit. The other parents probably thought I was a terrible mother for actually snapping photos of this.

 

Lesson #2:

When making special First Day of School cookies for the kids. Do not triple the batch. It will not fit in the biggest bowl you own and will really screw up your diet.

CIMG8958

Brought to you by the numbers 7 (Asher’s new bedtime) and 50 (the lbs I gained yesterday).

post signature

10 comments:

okmft said...

I love your creative blogging!!! And a picture really is worth a thousand words!

Crystal said...

Send me those cookies I will save you from those evil pounds and I have to drop Remi off screaming and kicking every day....

Breeda said...

You make me laugh!

Alison B said...

i like the other kids faces. hilarious. Poor asher. poor you. How funny.

Unknown said...

LMAO! WHY did you feel the need to TRIPLE the recipe??? LOL, what were you thinking?!
And I'm sure the other parents weren't thinking that you were bad mom when you were snapping pictures. They were just laughing to themselves and thanking their lucky stars that it wasn't THEIR kid throwing the wall-eyed fit.

Unknown said...

Oh, and I see the toaster oven in the background. Don't tell me you tripled the recipe and then proceeded to cook them 6 at a time in the toaster oven. That would take ALL day!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alisha O. said...

Steph, i have to say. you are the only person i know who literally makes me "LOL". For Reals! (:

Kim said...

so funny!! I agree...they were just thankful it wasn't their kid. LOL

Amanda said...

Awwwe. Poor Asher!

And um, HI I would have helped with the cookies!!! :o)