When I was a kid I used to shave my legs behind my mom’s back. I don’t even remember how old I was. She said I was too young and wouldn’t let me. So, I took matters into my own hands, filled a drinking glass with water, and commenced to DRY shave my legs. I learned how to shave my legs the hard way. You’d thought I would have given up after having to go to school with pieces of toilet paper stuck to the cuts. But I didn’t.
So, months ago when I found out that Aspen had shaved her legs without telling me I decided that, regardless of their age, I would rather the girls have some instruction on how to do it rather than sneak around behind my back and cut themselves all the time. I told her not to do it again until I could sit down and show her how. Well, they insisted that this needed to happen before they started school on Wednesday.
So, Tuesday night after their showers we all sat on the edge of the tub with it slightly filled with water and I showed them how to shave using conditioner. It went wonderfully. They were happy and I was glad to be a part of it.
Now, I realize that once the my girls share their little secret with their 5th and 3rd grade friends I may have some parents that won’t really care for me. But… it was worth it.
Ainsley on the first day sitting with her 3rd grade class outside getting ready to go in.Aspen doing the same with her 5th grade class only not nearly as pleased that I was snapping a photo. I could embarrass her or something.

7 comments:
DO NOT tell Syd about this or you will DIE!!
cute pics!!! it must be so fun having a couple-o-big girls! wait--did i say 'fun'? LOL
crap!! Ali's been begging for me to let her shave her legs too. Do they HAVE to grow up???
Ali's first day of school pics looked pretty much like Aspen's...no wonder they get along so well!
Ha, I remember doing the same thing, too, behind my mother's back. At least I used shaving cream, though. And I was like 22.
And how is that I'm just now realizing that Aspen and Caleb are in the same grade? Did she skip a grade or something??????
I used to do the same thing! I also had a friend teach me how to use tampons b/c my Mom didn't think I was old enough! :o) FYI!!!
It was an experience! But hey once you use a tampon, life is wonderful! Was for me anyways!! :o)
Sooooo glad I have boys!!!!
you shave with conditioner?? interesting...
I think I didn't shave till like 6th or 7th grade. you are one nice mom.
Conditioner!! What a great idea!
Post a Comment