7/02/2007

My Partner in Crime

Since I started using SparkPeople I have done really good with my caloric intake but I have struggled to get motivated on the physical activity side of it - until now. Two days ago my 6 yr old daughter informed me that she was turning over a new leaf and going to get healthy. She was in our dining room making up her own exercise routine and talking about not eating seconds at meal time. Though I don't want her to be too worried about it I do want to encourage her to be healthy. She asked me if I would exercise with her. Agh! Now I had to. So I agreed that Monday morning we would exercise together. I have to admit it was kind of fun. We used Yourself Fitness software on the computer. Then we enjoyed a healthy breakfast together. One scrambled egg, one piece of toast, and one cup of milk (this was her portion size - mine was slightly more). We probably should have had some fruit but we were both full. Then I found this really cool game for kids that helps teach them healthy eating habits. It's at www.mypyramid.gov. Which also has handy tools for figuring out serving sizes for kids, too. She loved it. We're going to do a FHE lesson and activity with it tonight. Who would have thought that a 6 yr old would have been my personal kick in the butt!

1 comment:

Ashley Mason said...

thats awesome!! Liam has been my kick in the butt so many times I've lost count! Thank goodness for our kids huh? They teach us so many great things.