9/10/2007

Lolly Pops are Just Plain Fun!

***Warning - TALK OF POOP AHEAD!*** I picked these lolly pops up at Target the other day and used them to bribe my kids. (Because I have excellent parenting skills!) I told the girls that they could have theirs if they would do their chores for a whole week without complaining! (Since vacation we have ALL been in a real rut!) And I told Asher that if he would poop in the potty everyday for a whole week he could have his, too. They all complied! I was so happy! Speaking of pooping on the potty - It's been almost 3 months since we started potty training Asher. I thought he was never going to get it. But, I'm happy to report that he has officially gone over 2 weeks without one single poop accident. This is quite a feat because for 2 1/2 months he pooped his pants every time he had to go and not even ONCE did he go in the toilet! What did the trick you might ask? One can never really know if it was a stroke of genius on my part or if he just decided that he was ready to stop having accidents. But... I bought him a GameBoy Advance at a garage sale for $5 for his birthday (Aug 11) and then told him that he could ONLY play it while he was on the potty trying to go poop! That did it. He pooped every time that he went and he went often so he could play the GameBoy. Then after a week he got his lovely lolly pop. Now I just need to gradually get him un-addicted to the GameBoy. I'd rather do that than to clean messy pants ever again!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

kimhumpherys said...

definetly a genius!

melissa said...

if you have to bribe them with sugar, and they still fall for it-- it's all good! i just have to say, your kids are all so darling! the girls are gorgeous! it's so fun to see everyone growing up! i'm not sure matthew would ever get off the potty if i gave him a game boy to play-- he's already in there forever singing as it is! lol