9/10/2008

New Blog... Under Construction

I'm going to try to start a new blog about the great state of Arkansas. My friend Cindi is constantly posting about these great trips that her family makes to various places in Michigan where they live. So, I thought since we're probably going to be here for a REALLY long time that we should get to know the state! Feel free to give us some ideas for great places/events to visit and I'll try to keep this blog updated with our adventures. Any ideas for a name for our new blog?

post signature

10 comments:

Crystal said...

I want to bring the kids up sometime and go to the Janet Huckabee nature center there in Ft Smith. Check out my blog on Murfreesboro diamond dig. I have a whole book on state parks too.

chrissy said...

good times. let me in on what's fun...who knows, maybe we can join up for some.

Cindi M said...

From what little I picked up while researching yesterday Arkansas is the "Natural State." Maybe you could play on that. Also, it has the U.S. only working diamond mine. A name having to do with diamonds might interesting. Can't wait to see what you dream up!

Terra said...

How about Arky Balarky? hee hee. Um, I'm really not that good with naming things. : )

http://richardbarron.net/ said...

-Arkansasinians!

-The buck doesn't even slow down here!

-I can't go to work today; the voices said stay home and clean the gun.

-Blogkansas!

Anonymous said...

Arkansas is really a beautiful state, lots of state parks and beautiful lakes. The Eureka Springs area is great, it has the Passion play about the life of Christ. Hot Springs is also a great area. Village Creek state park in eastern Ark. has really nice cabins at reasonable rates with hiking trails and bike rentals, etc., my family loves it there. Can't wait to see all of your adventures!
Rox

dottie said...

We've been to Murfreesboro and had a BLAST!

Where else can you sit and dig in the dirt and maybe get a payoff when you're done????

The kids would LOVE this place but bring a change of clothing, lol.

amberd. said...

hahaha! I was just on your blogger profile and noticed your occupation. Made me giggle to no end. I should change my occupation to domestic Goddess as well! te he. funny.

amberd. said...

hahaha. I also love your friend Richards ideas for your Arkansas blog. too funny! You should ask craig for some ideas as he served his mission in arkansas. He has some DANG funny stories! lol!

Unknown said...

You moved to Arkansas!?!?!?!??? j/k
I remember going to that diamond mine when I was a kid and thinking it was REALLY exciting. Also, I just love the name "Murfeesboro". I love the way it sounds. Hot Springs is great, too. We used to go there when I was a kid and on the outskirts there was a little place we'd stop that had trained chickens. You'd put in a quarter and then play tic-tac-toe with a chicken and so forth. My brother and I thought that was the coolest place EVER. It was really a dump but we didn't notice that then. Also, btw, I had a professor in college who grew up in Arkansas and they literally didn't have running water. He grew up using an outhouse! And this was in the 1950's!