To get you up to speed you need a little background information. We used to live in Lansing, MI. So did Amber and her family as well as Shelley and her family. We moved to Oklahoma in 2003, Amber and Craig moved to St. Louis in 2004, and Shelley and Dave moved to Oklahoma in 2005. We were all really good friends in Lansing so there was a lot of excitement about the fact that we all lived relatively close to each other now!!! Shelley and Dave were kind of in the middle. We lived 2.5 hours South of them and The Dahles lived about 6 hours East of them. So we decided to get together in 2005 for Memorial Day at the Capeners. And thus commenced our Annual Get Together at The Capeners! (It was short lived... we only did it for 2005 and 2006)
Here's a rundown of how the families are set up:
Amber & Craig Dahle: children are - Syd, Libby, and Lincoln
Shelley & Dave Capener: children are - Sam, Caleb, and Peter
Geoff & Steph Gibson: children are - Aspen, Ainsley, and Asher
(I only do this so that you can follow the pictures and realize that some of the kids that are bathing together or kissing aren't always siblings!!)
We had some real fun times there! Here are some pictures to prove it:
Of course, there's always the friendly game of Trampoline Dodge Ball! Take a look:
Man, those were good times!! I remember how us women would lock Shelley's bedroom door and lay on her bed laughing our heads off and taking naps while the men were stuck watching all 9 kiddos!! We're hoping for another reunion of sorts to take place in New Jersey where the Capeners now live but that's a freaking long drive!! I think it's their turn to travel... don't you think, Amber!

4 comments:
oh man. I needed that laugh today. I showed Libby her intimate little kiss with sweet pete the ladies treat and she shyly smiled and tilted her head to one side and quietly said - "what? We were in love!" hahaha! Total crack up.
love ya. thanks for loving me.
great memories! I miss those days, and I miss all y'all!!!
- Geoff
Look how young and sprite we all are! hehehe We should all take a CRUISE together somewhere!
I love the way we can always hear you giggling on all your videos.
Post a Comment