10/31/2008

Flashback Friday

On Saturday while my husband Geoff and my brother-in-law Jeff - I know... this makes family get togethers fascinating! We actually have resorted to calling them G-Geoff and J-Jeff to differentiate! Anyway.... while the boys were breaking their backs loading up the rest of the stuff that we had left in Old City and bringing it to New City my sister Terra and I thought it would be a great idea to take 6 kids to the Balloon Fest in my dad's home town (which is only 30 minutes from us now... woo hoo!!)! I know... we're stupid. You'd think after all these years of practice we might have learned that only 2 parents and 6 little ones at a carnival equals devastation! I won't even go into the details but I will just say... it was a less than spectacular time!

Which brings me to this week's Flashback Friday....

In June of 2004 our town had a very similar event and we went and had a great time!! I thought that I would post pictures of this great memory instead of the crummy one (which, by the way, I did not take pictures of)!

Geoff and the girls sit and wait for the light of the hotair balloons and I captured a single decsent shot of them lighting a balloon. I'm officially replacing the old memories for the newer ones!

post signature

5 comments:

dottie said...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN GIBSON'S!

Anything special planned tonight?

creativeguy said...

We love to take our kids to the Freedom Festival balloon launch, even though we are now an hour a way. We tried to make this years, easier, stay in nearby hotel with swimming pool and breakfast bar, watch Freedom Festival from a "secret" spot and then see balloons early in the morning.

Well, swimming was ok except for way rowdy teenagers in the pool and our oldest breaking out in a bad rash for weeks afterward, secret spot was no longer secret and fireworks less than spectacular, and because of changes in the weather they lit and launched balloons earlier that before so we missed the good part and the balloons (because of weather) never made it back overhead for the normal balloon games.

So it was off to nearby BYU campus to see where mommy and daddy went to school. Campus pretty much empty but the business building where we really wanted to go was closed so that was a bust too.

We can appreciate your experience!! ;)

Steph said...

Dot, you'll just have to check back to see what we did!!!!!

dottie said...

WEll????? I'm here but no updates and I can only imagine what you guys did this year!

Maika and I are suffering from Ragweed BIG TIME so we did very little. Plus Town had a home football game so most of our haunts were at the game :(

Can't wait to hear what fun you had tho!!!

amberd. said...

That picture of Geoff with the girls is awesome! Sorry your time was so stinky. But yes...the balloon festival in 04' looked awesome. Ilove your flash backs...good times good memories.