2/09/2009

Ainsley's Baptism

What a beautiful little girl!

We held Ainsley's baptism on Saturday. She has been looking forward to this day for an extra long time because she actually turned 8 in November. We probably could have done it then but we really wanted to have more preparation to make sure it was a special occasion. Not to do it just to be doing it! It also gave me some time to find her a dress. My mom made Aspen's dress when she was baptized and I really wanted to have her make Ainsley's too but my poor mom was sick with just about anything you can imagine for about 2 months over the holidays. There was no way she was going to be able to make it. So we checked around at the local consignment shops and this beauty turned up!

As we were getting her dressed and ready she looked up at me and said, "Mom, I look so beautiful!" It was worth every penny to hear her say that. I made her a necklace and a bracelet and purchased a really pretty pair of earrings. She was especially excited about the 'high heels' that we picked out.

When we got to the church she had to change into a jumper for the actual baptism. She looked up at me, once again, and said, "Mom, I don't look beautiful anymore." (Referring to the silly jumpsuit.) Like a good mom, I told her that her beauty didn't come from that dress that she was just as beautiful without it.

The baptism went great. Mostly just family members attended and a handful of people from the ward. A peaceful, happy feeling was felt by all. Thank you to all of you who came and participated in this great occasion with us!

post signature

16 comments:

creativeguy said...

Congratulations A.!! What a wonderful time to share such an important moment in your life.

Congrats Steph and Geoff on helping her get to that moment!

Thanks for sharing! ;)

Breeda said...

I am sorry I missed it...Beautiful young lady!

Crystal said...

Beauty comes from with in - but a beautiful dress is always great too.
Congrats...

Anonymous said...

Aww, she looks so pretty! What an exciting day!!

amberd. said...

Ainsley is MUY beautiful!!! Congratulations Ainsley! We love you!

~Michelle said...

We wouldn't have missed it!!

Annie said...

Very beautiful! What a special day.

P.S. I love how you used A names for your kids. My sisters and I all have A names. If you need another one, Annie is a pretty good one...

Unknown said...

Awww, so sweet. SO pretty! I'm glad it was a nice, low-key event for everyone involved. That's the way they should be...anti-stressful.

RevJohnMarksCAR said...

She looks beautiful!!! What a special day for you all!

okmft said...

Ainsley deserves recognition for being ready and wantig to be baptized, I deserve a nod for not screwing up the baptism (I had to baptize Aspen twice due to an error), but Steph did a lot of work and organization to help prepare Ainsley and to get the baptism organized. Thanks, Steph; way to go!

Kim said...

I'm so sorry we didn't make it! She's a beauty! Tell her we're proud of her!!

dottie said...

Ainsley looks so peaceful and grown up! OH MY when did THAT happen (the grown up part!)???

Congrats to all of you on this special time in your family's life.

We love you guys!

Amanda said...

She looks pretty! Sorry we didn't make it. We had a ball games ALL day as usual!

She was cute on Sunday though. At the end of primary we were getting ready to say the prayer and it was taking a little while. She was all "Can't we just go home NOW??"

Melisa said...

She is so beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Steph,
She is the most beautiful girl in the world, besides my girls that is. I am so sorry I missed her baptism. Tell her Sister Christian loves her and said Congratulations on her Important day.

The Wagoner Gang said...

Oh, what a beautiful young lady. I love this picture and will try to steal it. Congrats Ainsley!!! We love you!