In January of 1994 I purchased a 1992 Saturn SL1 for $9000. I had been almost 6 months without a car while attending LDS Business College in Salt Lake City, UT. Granted, I didn't
really need a car. I lived less than a block from school and only 3 blocks from Deseret Book where I worked. But I
thought that I needed a car so with the financial help of my dad and the emotional help of my friend Warren, I bought this car:

Over 400,000 miles and 14 1/2 years later... Buella died. That's right folks, as of yesterday the transmission went out. The cost of repairing it would be more than the car is worth. We were REALLY hoping that she would last long enough for us to sell our house and move. We hope to make enough on the house to buy something else for him. As it is, we are officially a one car family now. It's not the end of the world. But, it is the end of an era!

6 comments:
Goodbye Buella. We will miss you.
So sorry for your loss,Preston and Colt send their thoughts and prayer for your (MOUSE car).I hope my mazda lasts up to 400,000,so far she has made it to over 200,000,wish me luck!Maybe you can recycle her and make a lil money for a small down payment for another car :)
Poor Buella. My ford windstar has 150,000 miles on it and I hope it keeps running like Buella. We keep dumping money into it, but it's still cheaper than a car payment so we'll keep it until then. We haven't had to replace the transmission yet but when that goes, we'll have to be in the market for a new car too! Good luck with your house and everything!
Poor Buella. Better to euthanize her before she suffered too much.
She really was the greatest little car. Thanks for letting me pay on her for a little while! I'll miss her. She was my first car, you know. Buella Buella, Buella Buella. Buella Buella, Buella Buella. Sung to the OU song....
: )
wow, 400,000 miles. amazing and economical. you're my thrifty hero.
Post a Comment