7/19/2008

Take a Chance on Me

Today Geoff and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary. Under normal circumstances we probably would have gone to Hawaii, Australia or some other exotic place because that's what we normally do {hint of sarcasm}, but this year money is kind of tight and time is limited {due to moving} so we just copped out and went to a movie and a restaurant. Here's the thing, we never go to the theater to watch movies. I (and my husband) really would much rather save the money and watch it in the comforts of my own home with ClearPlay to catch the nasties that they don't really warn you about! The only exceptions would be Harry Potter or some other truly amazing blockbuster type film that we just love! But because we are no longer courting and using some major creativity to win one another's affection, it was dinner and a movie.

We Took a Chance on "Mamma Mia"! Oh lands!! I loved it!!! I'm an absolute sucker for musicals! I don't know why, but they really make me happy inside!!! I love ABBA, too! There were some parts that were super cheesy and I'm still not sure how I feel about Pierce Brosnan singing S.O.S but overall - a total hoot!! I laughed so hard I cried! Something else that was super fun was the fact that I think Geoff and I were the youngest people there and out of 150-200 people I would say less than 10% were male! It was really fun to watch the old ladies sitting in front of me bobbing their heads to the music and putting their hands to their mouths when it showed Stellan SkarsgÄrd's butt! Dang good show, people! As the movie was getting started, as always, they showed a few trailers for new movies coming out. As I sat there watching them I was thinking to my self - movie trailers are always SOOO good. They really know how to make you want to see a movie! Here is a list of trailers that we saw:

The Express

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2

HSM3

Henry Poole is Here

Burn After Reading

I could totally see ALL of these movies!! {on ClearPlay and in the comforts of my own living room of course}

We shared a really yummy meal at Red Lobster and had a really great waiter, stopped at Braum's for a really yummy Brownie Fudge Sundae with German Chocolate Ice Cream, and then headed home. After we put the kids to bed and cleaned the house up some we sat down and toasted some sparkling wild berry juice and ate some left over garlic biscuits from Red Lobster. I said "Here's to 11 years!" and Geoff said "Here's to 11 more. After that we'll reassess!"

Maybe not the most glamorous celebration but fun times were had AND neither of us can stop singing ABBA songs!

Happy Anniversary, Geoff. I love you.

post signature

7 comments:

amberd. said...

So sweet you guys. You guys are you know? Real sweet.

I want to see Mamma Mia too! And...I saw Batman last night. Good flick. You should definitely see that one!

-A.

GumbyandPokey said...

Congrats! What a fun anniversary celebration.

So, were there any nasties your Clearplay would have caught if you had been watching it in the comfort of your own living room?

Cindi

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 11yrs.. U guys are an awesome couple!!! Glad that u guys took time out of the BUSY life u have right now & enjoyed each other!! thanks for keeping us posted!!
Jenn McElroy

valgae said...

Heyyyyyy girlie!!! We had a GNO here on Saturday and all went to see Mamma Mia too......I loved it!!! It was so much fun and besides our group we were probably the youngest too. lol My gf and I were so loud that the guy sitting right by my got up and left. Maybe it was the bo....no, I took a shower first. I was laughing so hard I was crying too. Love you guys!!!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the movie! I purposely saw the show on Broadway in April because I knew the movie was coming soon and I didn't want to be tempted to see it until I saw it on Broadway first. Wasn't it GREAT?! I'm glad you guys had a nice night. When I read about Braum's and the german chocolate ice-cream, I realized that my fingernails were actually digging into my thigh. I LOVE and MISS that stuff! It's torture when you remind me about it!

Crystal said...

Congrats!!!

I love ABBA - my dad introduced me years ago. I would love to see this musical. WE just saw Noah - the musical - it was awesome.

http://richardbarron.net/ said...

I have found that it's not what we are doing or where we are, so much as the fact that I am simply enjoying being with Abby. One of our favorite things is going to breakfast on Sunday morning! :>)