Three nights ago I drove my friend Laura to the Stake Center in McKinney so that she could get a temple recommend. I offered because her vehicle is not very reliable right now and I also thought that it would be a nice break from house and kids seeing as it's an hour away! Well, unfortunately, I forgot that my sweet hubby had gotten some incredible tickets to see the new Batman movie at a special premiere thing in Dallas and so I had to take all 4 kiddos! I thought "How bad could this be? I'll just pop in a couple of movies and they'll be fine." Well, they did pretty well as we sat out in the parking lot waiting for her to get finished but about half way home we heard this ominous thumping from the front of the car. Sure enough! We had a stinkin' flat tire - front driver side! Me, Lolly, 4 tired kids and a stupid flat tire! It had to happen on a super busy highway with a bunch of trucker jerks who don't have the common courtesy to pull over to the passing lane much less get out and actually help us!!! Now, I've changed a tire before - couple of times matter o' fact - but DANG IT! it was almost 10 o'clock at night and the kids had already watched Barbie Fairytopia about 3 times and were getting a little fidgety! Poor Andyn was out of control crying - the kind where absolutely NOTHING you do will help her because it is 3 hours past her bedtime!! I just had to let her scream which in turn made the other 3 kids more anxious and the excitement of it all just about drove me to hitchhike! It took us a good 20 minutes to get the stupid spare out from UNDER the van and then we took turns working on jacking the van up and taking off the lug nuts. About the time we were putting the spare on a nice lady pulled up. She said that she passed us once and came back because she th

ought it was so dangerous that we didn't have any light. So she offered her headlights.... and then proceeded to put on the lug nuts... and tighten them.... and lower the van... all with these beautiful one inch French manicured acrylic nails. I'm glad she wasn't prissy! She followed us for a few miles to a friends' house so he could check it over to make sure we wouldn't have trouble the rest of the way home. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

6 comments:
Holy Cow, Steph! I'm glad you guys are all o.k. What a huge pain!
Ditto on glad you're ok. There ARE good people in this world, we just have to be lucky enuf to find them :) You did.
I cannot believe that there was not one gentleman on the road - well thats how fellers are these days. I am so glad a lady stopped - how awesome for her to care so much and not be afraid to get her hands dirty - 3 cheers for her.
Go figure something CRAZY like this would happen to you!!I am soo glad that u guys made it home safely!!!
JENN McElroy
That's crazy! How nice of you to help someone, especially when you're so busy. I'm glad that lady decided to help you too. Glad you're safe!
Steph-o! You freaking rock my little lady. I'm sorry you had a flat tire. I'm so impressed you can change a flat tire. I REALLY need to learn how to do that. Fo sho!
Post a Comment