1/07/2009

Day of the Mess

woke up ready to face the world

fed kids (funny i don't remember eating)

took anitbiotic (must have eaten a brownie with it)

vacuumed LOTS of food off the floor

hitched a ride to the auto shop to pick up van

spent several hours on phone trying to fix insurance issues (while still managing to break up squabbles and feed some kids)

vacuumed LOTS more food off the floor

took ainsley to doctor's appointment... antibiotics for you

dropped off prescription

cleaned up an entire tube of paint off my 2 year old and the dining room table

vacuumed LOTS more food off the floor... yet again

picked-up ainsley's prescription

fed everyone cold cereal (except for me... i had the enchiladas Sis Holder brought that no one would eat!)

cleaned up the entire bowl of cereal that andyn dumped on the table

refused to vacuum again and made the kids pick up the crumbs by hand

gave two kids baths and screamed at another till she showered (aspen is staying home sick... she can be stinky if she wants to)

stripped germ infested sheets off my bed (i've had strept for 2 days)

fought with 2 yr old every five minutes for about an hour to stay in bed (did i mention she didn't take her usual 3 hour nap)

zoned out on facebook for a good hour

made my bed

ate a brownie so i could take my antibiotic

wrote this post

headed to bed ready to kill the world

**note** i don't write this so much for your reading enjoyment as much as for future fire power against my kids. when they wonder why i'm so mean i'll make them read this. or when they want to put me in a nursing home and feed me rubbery mashed potatoes i'll make them read this and realize all i did for them despite my sanity!

post signature

8 comments:

Angie of Down This Road Designs said...

You are funny! Some days sure are like that huh?! Do you sometimes wonder why we do it? I know! You would do anything for those precious little people! I really hope your day goes better today!

Unknown said...

I'm sure today will be SO much better...?!?!?

dottie said...

Hang in there Steph!

Motherhood stinks sometimes and I believe you found ONE of those times!

I hope you slept well (and the kids too) so today will be better. IF nothing else, maybe those that stayed home from school will think it's a better place to be than home :)

Love ya!!!

amberd. said...

I thoroughly enjoyed your post.

amberd. said...

I thoroughly enjoyed your post.

Anonymous said...

at least you got to eat a brownie :)

Steph said...

Breanne, I got to eat a brownie twice!! hehe!

The Wagoner Gang said...

Ok! You win! But maybe you need to go to my blog and read "NEw Challenge"!!!! I would agree with Dottie, if I were Aspen I would beg to return to school!!!! HA!