5/06/2007

THE CAMPOUT

(The father/son campout commemorating the restoration of the Priesthood this past weekend) I (Geoff) took Asher on a campout this weekend. This was not his first campout, since he and his sisters went deer hunting with me last fall (more like deer watching, really - no actual animals were harmed in the making of this blog). However, this weekend was a great time for him since he had his two little friends Liam and Garret to make trouble with. They mostly enjoyed hitting each other with sticks, crying some, and then laughing as they did it again to each other. Another event was the concussion and amnesia of my friend PJ. During a rough game of midnight capture-the-flag, PJ managed to hit the ground with his head a few times and started acting confused, at which point we stopped the game and discovered that he was disoriented and having a hard time. We stayed up with him as he recovered and he seemed OK later that night...but was still having some problems today. Go to the doctor, PJ!!! Personally, I was lucky...all I did during the game was fall down in the mud a few times and get really tired as I was outrun by young men from the ward. (This will not happen again...I have one year to train before the next year's campout and game. I will be lean, mean, and hopefully PJ and I will be there together, with night vision goggles and camo, waiting to pounce upon unsuspecting players.)

2 comments:

Ashley Mason said...

geoff, that was hilarious! I cant shake the mental image of you and bro. orr with your night goggles and camo! Definitely laughed out loud at that one...

Unknown said...

Yikes! Where were the kids when you "grown ups" were making a mess of yourselves?!? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that Steph will let you buy all new equipment (night goggles, etc.) for next year's campout. I'm sure Myah can get you into shape by then!