Well, we spent all day in Texas and I have to say we had a great time! We spent two hours in the book sale then had lunch at Don Pablo's (yum!) and after that went to IKEA in Frisco for an hour or so! As we're walking in to IKEA I felt something itchy on my back so I reached up under my shirt and pulled out one of Andyn's bibs!! Now, maybe you had to be there but I thought we were going to die from laughter!! Beth had tears rolling down her face! All these people who were walking in the door with us thought we were crazy! After IKEA we went to a really fun shop called 'Sam Moon'. I had heard of it but never been there. They sell tons of women's accessories (handbags, hair dillies, jewelry, etc...). It was a lot of fun! On the way out of Frisco we stopped and got outrageously expensive cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory!! Very yummy but oh so expensive!!!
THEN...because we hadn't already had enough to eat we stopped at Culver's Frozen Custard in McKinney and had some very scrumptious custard!!!
To top off the day we decided to spend some time in Target before finally heading home. And this is where the real fun begins!! After trying on some clothes I met up with Jen and Beth in the shoe dept as they were trying on all kinds of high heels. Since none of us are experts at the heel thing this turned out to be a real fun pastime! I thought I would have a go at it with some really sexy leapord print 8 inch heels (okay they were only like 3 or 4 inches but they felt like 8 inches!) and of course - you guessed it - I FELL! Flat on my face!! And I almost took down the entire shoe rack with me!! It was hilarious!!! I asked the cashier on the way out if we could have a copy of the security camera tape - I could really use $10,000 from America's Funniest Home Videos!
Now for the best part of Mother's Day!! Sunday I woke up to breakfast in bed!! I love that!! Eggs, toast, milk, flowers... you know the usual things you might expect for breakfast in bed!! As a bonus Aspen made me a tiny two-tiered pink cake (out of sandwich cookies). It was beautiful!! Then I was showered with beautiful gifts! I really felt like they loved me - for a moment! I made my own corsage (I don't let Geoff buy one cuz they're so expensive) and I must say that it turned out really pretty. It stayed that way... for a few minutes. It was quickly destroyed by munchkin #4. I've included a picture of mine that she destroyed and because I didn't think to take a before picture I took a picture of one of the extras that I made. (I always make extras for some other great mom!) Church was...churchy and the rest of the day was pretty laid back. Geoff didn't really have to do much (he really needed a break from the previous day's events), I even bought a frozen lasagna the night before. I will say this - I was really sad that he didn't make me any dessert! And isn't it really all about the dessert!!! Aaahhh..... I love being a mom - sometimes.