5/01/2007

The day I grew a gray hair.

I've been reading a blog that my good friend is writing and got bit by the blog bug! I've never been exceptionally good at keeping a journal (except on my mission - I never missed a day!) so I'm sure my entries here will be neither spectacular nor numerous but hopefully I'll be able to keep the special people in my life up to date on what's going on in our lives. Now, to the title of this post: This weekend was spent in my home town where everyone on my side of the family lives. Friday my sister Terra and I decided to go to Big City 30 Miles Away (the nearest 'city' if you want to do anything) with all of the kids. That would be my 4 kids and her baby. It was a little crazy but I'm pretty good at blocking things out. Not so for Terra. I thought I saw her head spinning in Old Navy when the kids could no longer be quietly corralled. I told her that as long as they weren't destroying anything it was fine with me. By the end of day I was feeling the weight of the craziness and I'm sure that my head did a few rounds of its own! The next day on our way to a family party my sister reached over and yanked a big ol' fat gray hair out of my head!!! She looked at me and said "You grew this yesterday!". We both busted out laughing but inside I just wanted to cry! I'm only 33! AND I'm a red-head! Gray hairs now would be premature! I keep telling myself that it was just a fluke thing

3 comments:

okmft said...

I guess it's your turn to get some gray hairs, and kids are definitely to blame!!! They are worth it, though.

Unknown said...

Blogging can be fun, and it is another way to keep a journal (good luck with that).

You should check out mine, of course I haven't updated the public version in a while . . .
http://hermionegreen.livejournal.com/ (but that doesn't make it any less useful) ^_~

Ashley Mason said...

Steph that was so funny! Isnt it funny how our ideas of how our children should behave change as we have more kids?