5/19/2007

A Thousand Miles

A Thousand Miles..... That's how far away I wish that I was last night! We had gone to eat dinner at the local Chinese restaurant with my mom and her husband after I had spent a really long day putting on a garage sale. Unfortunately, my favorite son (for there is no other) did not get a nap. Well, as you probably guessed, he threw THE biggest fit (this is what Ashley would call a wall-eyed fit)!! I did manage to inhale a plate of food before I had to take him out to the van and just buckle him into his seat for the remainder of his tantrum. It was so bad that he totally lost his voice and it sounded like his throat was hurting! But I stayed the course and put on some music (for my own sanity). I had a CD in that they gave us at church for Mother's Day. I actually didn't really care for it when I first listened to it but Lolly convinced me to listen to more than just the first 2 songs and I decided that I really did like it after all. So.... Asher's tantrum lasted several minutes until I put on this music. The song that was playing was titled "A Thousand Miles". Halfway through the song I looked back and he was out! I've been told that some day I will miss these times. To that I say - not a chance!