6/24/2007

Alice in Wonderland

So, Aspen and Ainsley participated in the Oklahoma Shakespearean Festival this year. The Children's Theatre did Alice in Wonderland. They did a great job!! I'm confident that they enjoyed it because almost all of their free time was spent singing all the songs and saying all the lines from the play!!
 
Aspen was a flower named Ivy.
 
Ainsley was BeeSley the Bumblebee.
 
They were especially excited about getting to wear make-up! One of the performances actually turned out to be a real learning experience for Aspen. I guess for me also. Something terribly mortifying happened (actually 2 things) which she has asked me not to tell anyone about. (I think posting it here would qualify as telling someone). But, trust me, they were very embarrassing! I didn't think that my heart was capable of swelling so big. It felt like it was going to burst! I was mortified for her and just wanted it to be me so bad! But, the show must go on!!! I am so proud of her and envy her courage! She continued performing the remaining 3 performances (there were 5 in all) and she did them perfectly! Most of you know that Ainsley has always kind of been my shy one. She didn't want to do the play last year after I had already signed her up because she was afraid to be on stage. This year she conquered her fears and did a spectacular job!! I don't know about them but I'm tired! I'm glad it's over so maybe we can get back to our 'lazy days of summer'.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ashley Mason said...

okay you are not allowed to put makeup on either one of those girls until they turn 21. They look way too beautiful with it, and you will have more boys knocking on your door than you have time to load the shotgun for!!

amberd. said...

Your girls are soo pretty! I can't believe what a young lady Aspen is becoming.

Anonymous said...

Steph, I have to chime in and say that Aspen handled her "situation" like a pro! I have NEVER been so proud of her as I was that day!!!!

"A E I O U....."