I absolutely HATE potty-training!! We're starting day 3 of this wonderful experience!
I had the worst time potty-training the girls and so I have not looked forward to it with Asher! I think I tried too hard with them and it turned out to be a disaster!! With Asher I've just let it come more naturally.Several months ago he woke up one morning and said that he no longer wanted to wear diapers! This was something that I was not prepared for! But, I went with it. I told him that was great and let him just go naked for several days. In 4 days' time he had only one pee accident! I was so shocked and proud of him! But the poor boy was obviously holding in his poops! Anyone who REALLY knows my son knows that he is SUPER regular with at least 2 poops a day (huh, Sharol:)!
During this potty-training bout he held it til the 3rd day and then did it on my floor! (Ripping out ALL our carpet was the best thing that we EVER did!!) But on the 4th day he did it right in the potty!! I was so proud and I think he was too!! The next day...he got diarrhea!!! I had to put diapers back on him and by the time it was over he had totally lost interest and my life was really too hectic to spend the time with it!! So I didn't push it!
Well, my friend Amber has a son that is 1 month to the day younger than Asher and she just posted on her blog how wonderful Lincoln has been at potty-training! This plus the fact that he has to be potty-trained to start preschool in the fall prompted me to revisit the topic! Not to mention the fact that he is WAY too big for the biggest size diapers made AND we're about to run out of the latest package! I figured that now is probably the best time. It's warm enough for him to just run around half naked.
Well, so far it hasn't been too bad. I've been letting him get a couple of M&M's from the soccer ball dispenser whenever he pees, flushes, and washes his hands. He has only had two pee accidents and it was only when I put some underwear on him. But once again he's holding back on the poop thing! I don't understand it. It's day 3 and I KNOW he has got to poop! Maybe today is the magical day!! Can't wait (sarcastic)! He knows he'll get a BIG treat (mini size candy bar) if he poops and he seems really excited about it but I just think he's afraid to let it come out! He also picked out some special Scooby-doo underwear that he's carrying around in the container and I told him that he could wear it once he poops and pees with out any accidents....to be continued!
1 comment:
I have a STRONG feeling it's coming soon! Watch out Aspen!
Post a Comment