6/19/2007
Flood of 2007
That's what their calling it! About 2am Monday morning Asher came to bed with us because he was scared that was the first time that we realized that there was a massive thunderstorm coming through. We had all the windows open and fans on and about 4 or so we realized that the ceiling fan had stopped and figured out that the power had gone out. Also, the LITTLE window in the bathroom was open as well and the storm was so strong that it blew rain all the way into the hallway! The electricity was out ALL DAY! Normally not a problem except Monday I was watching 4 extra kids!! I had no access to media so I didn't understand the full extent of the damage from all the rain until last night when we were able to see the news. I had no idea! So far 5 people have died from this natural disaster. We're all safe and I've only lost a bit of my sanity with 8 kids stuck indoors and no electricity! Below are some pictures of a big branch that was broken off of our big tree in the backyard! And another branch that is still clinging to the tree!
Another little thing I thought was funny: I made the comment to Autumn (one of the neighbor girls that I watched yesterday) that I wish I could do some laundry because it was really stacking up and this is what she said - "Just wash them like you used to in the old days!". I laughed out loud! How old does she think I am? I told her that since I was born there has always been washing machines!
Posted by
Steph
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment