6/25/2007
Oh... REALLY!!
As a member of SparkPeople I receive various articles about improving your health. Today I received one titled
7 Hidden Ways to Get Better Sleep. I read this article after I was rudely awoken by my two year old who has returned to waking up at the crack of dawn and throwing huge tantrums! As I read some of the things in this article I thought... Oh... REALLY!
Just an excerpt: Losing sleep is certainly not something to be taken lightly. An occasional night of tossing and turning is normal, but continued patterns of this behavior can cause real problems in your ability to function normally. Research shows that inadequate sleep can have disastrous effects on your weight loss efforts, impair your concentration, and even mimic the symptoms of impaired glucose tolerance (which can lead to diabetes and hypertension).
Your mood also suffers when you don’t get enough shut-eye, causing you to become disoriented on the job, fatigued behind the wheel of a car, or irritated at home. But more importantly, these mood swings can affect your relationships with others, and even lead to depression.
Oh... REALLY!
Posted by
Steph
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hmmm, sounds like you might need to make sleep a priority!?!? I know sleep is key to weight loss; never thought to share that with you, I guess. Also, I have a friend with rheumatoid arthritis and she says she notices a big difference in her R.A. depending on how much sleep she has. (She has twin 2 yr. olds) :-(
how come in those "ways to get better sleep articles" they never mention anything like "farm your kids to the closest willing relative or friend for the week because this is the only way a mother of young children will get any sleep." ? they can all come spend the night here- lemme know!! :)
Post a Comment