6/28/2007
Shout It From The Rooftop!!!
It has been 2 weeks and 2 days exactly since Asher began potty-training.
!!WARNING - POOP TALK AHEAD!!
I must have developed a LOAD more patience since potty-training the girls because I haven't lost it with him, yet. There have been times when I wanted to! Like 3 days ago when he pooped his pants 8 times IN ONE DAY! But I gritted my teeth each time and smiled and told him it was okay and that he would get it! He mastered the peeing within a day or 2 of starting but this poop thing was beyond his comprehension! And then it happened! About 10:30 this morning he said he had to go potty and took off. Now he does this all the time and just pees but as I was cleaning up in the kitchen I hear him shout from the bathroom: "I pooped, Mom!". I ran in there expecting the worst (i.e... poop in pants, on floor, on toilet). To my astonishment it was really poop and it was really in the toilet!! I started shouting 'hooray' and jumping up and down!!! The girls came running wondering what the heck was going on and then joined in the celebration!! He was SO HAPPY! He looked so proud of himself! I said "You're so awesome!". To which he replied "I know. I'm awesome!"
You know what did it? Mario Kart. That's right a video game. Two days ago he asked to play his video game on the computer and usually I just let him but this time a light bulb went off in my head. I told him that he couldn't play it until he pooped in the potty. He spent the entire morning on the toilet. He was determined to poop! After a couple of hours he stood in the middle of the living room looking at me like 'oh my gosh, here it comes!' and told him to run to the potty! By the time he got there he had a little one dangling and when he got on the toilet it fell in and he shouted "I pooped in the potty!". Ugh! Not exactly the results I was trying to get. He sat there a little longer with no success! So, I had to let him play his game. He played most of the day with several visits to the bathroom and no successes. It's like he knew he needed to go but when he would get there he would chicken out. That night I spent a good 30 minutes reading him books while he sat on the toilet. I finally had to just send him to bed. Then... he pooped his pants! Yesterday absolutely no interest in the video game and a couple of accidents. Today - it worked!!
Posted by
Steph
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am SO glad I didnt have to struggle with Lincoln. I think it was a blessing because my mental state could not have handle the stress of potty training! You are doing amazing with your kids. You are such a good mom. I'm glad things went so well today with the potty. Give Asher a high five for me!
I'm gunna shout for Bubba! GO ASHER, WAY TO GO LITTLE BUDDY!!!!
Hang in there Steph, he'll get it...promise. We're proud of him :)
The Liwais
I'm gunna shout for Bubba! GO ASHER, WAY TO GO LITTLE BUDDY!!!!
Hang in there Steph, he'll get it...promise. We're proud of him :)
The Liwais
Doubly proud it seems, lol.
Post a Comment