It was sooo good to see Shelley. It's been almost a year and a half since we last saw each other. That's way too long. That's too long for two people who speak on the phone sometimes several times a day and have rarely missed a day! It was also good to get a little bit of a break from the craziness of my house. I did take Andyn with me but Shelley's boys totally kept her entertained. So it really was very little work.
Here are a couple of pictures of her hanging out with the boys. She LOVED them.
At first she called them all "Sissy" (which is what she calls her siblings) but after a couple of days she was actually trying to say their names. Here are some pics and a video of the little "cave" that the boys made for Andyn to play in. She loved it!!
I think Sam asked his mom for a baby sister at least 3 times the first day we were there!
Early in the week Shelley started calling me Alice - from the Brady Bunch. It became a little inside joke. Whenever I would ask her if she wanted me to do something she would say "Sure! Why don't you get on that, Alice!" All kidding aside, I just wanted to make her life easier. I didn't do a lot. But what I DID do I felt she appreciated.
I also got to take one of her Zumba classes. It was a total blast! She's so good at what she does.
We ate something chocolate everyday. We made these mini cookies 
and this . 
And I made this 
for her because her kids don't like lasagna and so she never gets it. They seemed to like this recipe, though! I swear it was like we were both pms'ing! Look at this!
Now, Shelley teaches something like 10-12 classes a week so she can eat like a horse and not gain any weight. I, on the other hand, cannot do that! I had to have gained at least 5 pounds!
All in all, we had a great time relaxing, watching t.v., staying up late chatting, and Shelley enjoyed playing dress-up:
I took the boys to the park one day, made them French Toast for dinner, and made them call me Aunt Steph (JK). Man, Shelley, I miss you already!
I was really worried about the flight home because it was going to be 4 hours long right before Andyn's bedtime! But she was a champ! We got REALLY lucky and nobody was sitting in our row so we had lots of elbow room!! Toward the end of the flight I did have to take out my last resort: Marshmallows! Here are some photos of Andyn with marshmallows between her toes... Hey! It kept her happy and busy!
And her she decides that Bear needs one too:
PS What she said about me and the snoring thing is ALL LIES!! :) If you listen carefully on the video above, at the end, Shelley mocks my moaning!

3 comments:
aaah...im so glad you got to spend time together. I miss you both. Shelly looks fab in the blue makeup. and i know you guys have tons of fun together and all...but im thinking it would have been way funner if i were there! lol! 7 layer dip anyone? hehehe
NOT all lies! I only speak the truth, woman! I didn't even include ALL the sounds you made while sleeping; I was trying to be NICE and you call me a liar...hmmm...I feel another post coming on now...
I'm envious. I get to visit my best friend next summer, but all the kids will be present. Maybe that will make it all the more special. The last time the kids were together, her oldest boy and Nathan were climbing shelves and Nathan broke his arm. What excitement could be in store??!!
Post a Comment