11/30/2008

It's Been a Year Now

Strange, this thing called time. It goes so quickly... sometimes. I can hardly believe that it's been a whole year since Dawne died. We miss her. I miss her. When I think about her my heart hurts. Even with the knowledge that we will be reunited one day... my heart hurts. I feel blessed to have known her for the first 10 years that Geoff and I were married. What a true blessing.

Last year I posted about Dawne. You can read these posts by clicking here and here. Interestingly enough I took pictures at the graveside service but never posted them. I think I was hesitant because of the raw emotions at the time. So, I thought that I might share some of those now.

L to R: Allen, Abigail, Hannah (top), and Sam (bottom).
Each of the grandchildren that were present were allowed to place one yellow rose on to Dawne's casket. It was very touching. And for the older of the children I'm sure it was difficult. They loved Grandma dearly.
Here little Sammy is giving Grandpa a well needed hug. We all miss this lady. But we shall never forget her.

post signature

1 comment:

amberd. said...

I'm sorry you're hurting today. Missing someone hurts, I know it hurts, I've felt it. Grief is so mysterious sometimes....there is all this talk about the "5" stages that we go through and maybe the misconception is that once we go through one it's over. I personally go in and out of stages of grief I feel for lost loved ones all the time. It hurts. And the pain in missing someone so badly somedays just feels like it's gonna shred you to pieces.

But time takes some of that away. The anniversary of something so hard brings those painful memories back. But I look at it as a time to remember the wonderful times you had. You're good at that. So as much as your feeling somber today babe....you'll feel joy too. That's just the nature of grief. I love you. I wish I was there to give you a hug.