6/07/2008

Aspen's Birthday

Man, am I behind!! Aspen's birthday was the the first of May but I still haven't blogged about it!!! Well, here it goes!

Aspen really wanted to go to Papa's (my dad) for her birthday party because he has a really nice pool. Works for me!! No kids (except family). No stress. But I still like to do fun cakes for them even when they choose not to have a friend party. I asked Aspen what she would like and she said that she wanted a 'girly' pirate party! So I got online and researched and I'll be... there is such a thing! But in order to do a cake that I felt happy about I was going to have to learn to work with fondant icing since I have never used it before. I called my partner in crime (Terra) to see how she felt about trying it and she was game so I made up some big batches of this recipe that I found online. We got to work... and this is how it turned out: We were both pretty proud of our creation. And Aspen LOVED it! For party hats we all wore 'girly' skull and cross bone bandanas. These photos were taken when Terra and I were trying to pose for a picture but do it so that we were both showing off our tatoos! We were having some trouble with it and opted for the last photo in the collage! Man, we have a lot of fun together!! Me and the birthday girl herself!! I love you, Aspen! I can not believe that you're already 9!

post signature

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, the cake looks AMAZING! My favorite photo is in the collage on the bottom left. The one where it looks like you are about to scratch Terra's armpit for her. Bunch of monkeys...

dottie said...

What a FUN party and what a lucky girl to have a mom that makes THOSE kinds of cakes! Are you for hire Steph????

Terra said...

Hey, where's that video I took of you dancing with cake? That was funny. I'll try to get it to you.

The Wagoner Gang said...

I have to agree with Dottie...are you for hire?? That was an amazing cake...You need to teach me how to make that icing before you leave me.

Terra said...

I feel compelled to tell everyone that as beautiful as this cake is, and it is beautiful, it sure didn't taste near as good as it should. Actually, the taste was great, but the icing was a little tough...we squashed the cake when we cut it. But, we'll get it right next time. Then we'll go into business together when she moves here, and make some moolah! :)

amberd. said...

Hey! I'm glad I finally got around to seeing how the party turned out. I got to see the cake before...but I'm LOVING the head wraps! Awesome! You're so creative Steph. Good job on everything!

Love ya!