Hello - Geoff here. I just wanted to share a marvelous experience with you; over Memorial Day weekend we went to Silver Dollar City in Branson, as my wife has already described. One part of that weekend she missed was our trip underground to Marvel Cave (which was the very first attraction at Silver Dollar City!). While Steph, Terra, and the littlest ones stayed above, my children Aspen, Ainsley, and Asher braved the treacherous caves with me. Besides being breathtakingly beautiful and interesting, it was quite a workout walking through all the caves. I was proud of my kids; they did a great job climbing through all that! If you haven't been, I highly recommend it. I don't recommend sticking your head through the bars on the gate near the entrance to the cave, however, since Ainsley got her head stuck doing so and needed the assistance of cave staff to get her lose. Ainsley was a little embarassed, but the staff member said people (usually kids) get their heads stuck in that gate all the time. So be warned.
This picture (above) shows we were having fun, but doesn't even begin to indicate the stunning beauty and interesting features in that cave. We have been in a few, and this was the most interesting I've experienced.
Best wishes to you,
Geoff
4 comments:
That looks really cool. I had no idea they had that at SDC. Looks like fun!
Oh Ainsley!!! She is so like my husband Brandon. Who always seemed to get his head, neck or arm stuck on their family vacations. He even got a snail stuck up his NOSE.....
Joseph and I went to Mammoth Caves on a little adventure of our own. I've been wanting to get our kids into a cave ever since. Such a magical world!
Of all the things in the area this is what I'd most want to see/do. I've ALWAYS wanted to go spelunking.
Post a Comment