Today's Flashback Friday is dedicated to Halloween 1999.
Aren't we adorable?!
It was in these days that I was trying to be sooo Martha Stewart! I made Aspen's bunny rabbit costume... I actually sewed it all by myself. I hate sewing. Both my mother and grandmother are excellent seamstresses. And I myself have taken many a Home Economics classes in my day. But, I still hate sewing. I hate it because it never looks exactly like I think it should and I end up using a seam ripper and tearing it all apart and starting over. I digress...
So, Aspen was a rabbit and I wore Geoff's tuxedo to be a magician and Geoff made a top hat out of poster board. Cute, huh? This 'costume' won us our first of 1st place ribbon in the entourage category at the Historic Charlton Park All Hallows Evening Event. That same year my brother-in-law, Brad, won 1st place in the individual category for this great get-up:
Can you guess what he is? If you guessed a bird watcher you were correct! He was hilarious!! He even painted the bird poop on his shirt!
This next picture was Halloween '00 at the same Charlton Park where once again we won 1st place in the entourage category!
L to R: Me (Wicked Witch), Aspen (Cowardly Lion), Geoff (Scarecrow), Brother-in-law Brad (The Great Oz), Sister-in-law Karin (Dorothy), Nephew Matthew (The Tin Man), and in the stroller - Nephew Sam (Toto).
This was a close-up of us in our get-up:
And finally, the last year that we entered the annual contest we won 2nd place (I think 1st place went to some stupid family dressed in Star Wars attire - how dare they).
L to R: Sister-in-law Amber holding baby Allen (Ghost), Sister-in-law Karin (Velma), Aspen & Ainsley in the stroller, Me (Daphne), Geoff (Fred), Brother-in-law Brad (Shaggy), in the Mystery Machine Nephew Sam (Cute Puppy), and Nephew Matthew (Scooby Doo). A few features to note: Geoff bought a can of hair paint that he thought was yellow... it was 'glowing green', Brad used black eye-liner to draw 'scruff' on his chin (notice his swanky bell bottoms), and the Mystery Machine was made by little ole me! I was so proud of that! We attached it to the boys' wagon. Good times!
4 comments:
THESE ARE ALL SO CUTE. I WOULD LOVE TO GO TO SOMETHING LIKE THAT. NOT MUCH TO DO AROUND HERE. THIS TOWN HAS POTIENTAL BUT MOST PEOPLE AROUND HERE ARE BORING...NOTICE I SAID MOST..PLEASE NO HATE MAIL. hAHA.
HA, BORING HUH??? LOL, I wish I had that kind of creativity in my BABY toe! Not to be....
Jen, one yr you WILL have that party you've always wanted!!!
So, what will our entourage be this halloween? Surely they have a contest SOMEWHERE in The New City you'll be living in. Maybe we could be the muppets, or the stick figure people. : )
You ARE Martha Stewart aren't you? Oh man...those costumes are great! I wish I wasn't so lazy Steph. What is my freaking problem? hahahhahaa!
I'm so freaking impressed it isnt even funny!
Post a Comment