12/07/2007

Ainsley's 7th Birthday

Almost impossible to believe but it's true... Ainsley is 7! Her birthday was really fun. I saw this Candy Land cake on another blog and REALLY wanted to make it! So I convinced Ainsley that she had to have this for her birthday! It was a lot of fun to make and I think it turned out awesome! This year she decided that she would like to have 2 friends come for a sleepover instead of a party. I actually suggested it and crossed my fingers that she would go for it. She did! So I made the cake and took it to her class on her birthday (Nov 28th). The kids LOVED it!! Ainsley officially has the coolest mom in the world!! When Geoff got off work we went to Pizza Hut (her dinner of choice) and she opened her presents. In her own words: "This is the best birthday ever!" I do have to say that for the last 3 or 4 years she has been saying this about various occasions. "Best birthday ever!", "Best Christmas ever!", "Best day ever!" The thing is, she really means it when she says it. It really makes me happy when I hear her say it. I guess we're doing something right.

The actual sleepover is taking place tonight because of Dawne's death last week and we had to postpone the sleepover. I'm kind of looking forward to it. I bought a few cute crafty things for them to do and Aspen is going to a friend's house so Ainsley can have her own little experience without Aspen always having to be there.

Ainsley truly seems like a happy child.

Print Page

3 comments:

http://richardbarron.net/ said...

She totally looks like you. :>)

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! I can't take my eyes of that cake! I'd better not let Peter see it, though, or he'll change his mind (from the puppy cake) and I'll end up having to run to the store again!

Ashley Mason said...

you and your cake fetishes! you should go into business! lol