12/07/2007
Tabernacle Cake
About 3 months ago my friend Roxie invited me to her Baptist church's bible study that met on Tuesday mornings. Now, most of you know that I'm LDS (Mormon). Baptists aren't well known for really liking Mormons. But this Baptist and this Mormon are REALLY good friends. I would have to say that we have overcome the preconceived notions of each other and we really love each other and value our friendship. With that being said, the topic of the Bible study was The Tabernacle. So by the end of the 10 weeks we were pretty familiar with the layout of this portable temple during the time of Moses. For our last meeting everybody brought treats and I made this cake. It really wasn't very hard at all. Especially because Geoff actually made all of the pieces (he made them with modeling clay). So, all I had to do was make the cake and the 'tent' around it. It was pretty much a hit. All of the ladies loved it!
Posted by
Steph
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You are the weirdest weirdo I know!
uhh... thanks?
My best friend is a Baptist. ;) But I've never made her a Tabernacle cake.
Next we are moving up to LDS Temples...I think San Diego will be a challenge. The Provo temple will be easy, though. Just take a regular round cake, frost it, and stick a carrot in the top! Google search for images "Provo Temple LDS" and you will know that I am right.
Post a Comment