12/24/2007

Isn't He Cute?

If you think this little guy is cute then you're on crack! It's 4 AM and I am fully awake because of this nasty creature!!! His squeaking woke me up about 45 minutes ago. I have several shopping bags next to my bed hidden under a couple of pillows because they contain presents for Christmas and I heard this nasty creature messing around with MY special things!! The nerve! A couple of weeks ago Geoff and I heard some miniature animal stirrings in the kitchen cabinets and I found some of its poop in a baking pan under the stove. I bought some sticky traps and Geoff put them under the sink (this is where we keep our trash - we heard him there too) and under the stove. We've been checking... no mouse. When I heard this evil thing this morning I started having some anxiety because I was sure this was a DIFFERENT one! Which means we probably have a whole stinkin' family of them living with us!!!! If you haven't noticed, I really hate these creatures! I mean REALLY hate them! I poked Geoff and told him that I thought that there was a mouse in our bedroom. He woke up long enough to hear the stirrings and agree that we had a mouse in our bedroom. I realized that it was a little unfair for me to expect Geoff to get up at 3:30 AM and... chase it with a broom or something but I laid there for a good 10-20 minutes TRYING desperately to just go to sleep but I just COULDN'T!! I kept imagining it climbing up the head board and inadvertently falling on my head or something. Well, he started squeaking. Squeaking Loud! And I just couldn't take it anymore. I poked Geoff really hard and begged him to do something! There was no way I was sleeping with this intruder in our room! He reluctantly got up and went and got some... weapons. A broom, a flashlight, and 2 planks of laminate flooring (I have no idea why the flooring pieces - I'll have to ask him about that tomorrow). He mentioned that he thought he might be trapped in the sticky trap under our bed. Glory Hallelujah!! I didn't realize that Geoff had put one there! Sure enough, upon closer inspection with the flashlight there he was all trapped! I proceeded to the living room with my MP3 player and head phones so I couldn't hear or see the removal of the evil creature! I'm crossing my fingers that was the same one from the kitchen but some how I doubt it!

Now I would like to relay to another story about a mouse that created a really funny memory for me. When we lived in a different house we heard a mouse in the cabinet above the stove moving around. Geoff decided that he might could catch it. (Absolutely insane that one.) He got out an old plastic margarine container and some kind of stick - I don't remember exactly - and proceeded to "catch" this creature. What happened next is forever etched on my brain. I will not forget this as long as I live and it will forever be a source of hysterical laughter for me (even now I'm trying to stifle my laughs)! The mouse jumped out of the cabinet onto my husbands HEAD and then to the floor and scurried off to hole in our floor (where, incidentally, we caught him with a sticky trap later)!!! It actually landed on his head!! Can you believe that?! He screamed like a girl! The tears are welling up in my eyes even as I write about this... it was so funny! Print Page

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm DYING to know what the 2 planks of flooring were for!??