Geoff's family has a tradition of renting the local 'Holly Trolley' and driving around the town with friends and family singing Christmas carols. It's a lot of fun. When we were there after Dawne passed away Karin's kids had free tickets to take a ride with one of the local banks so they invited us to come along. It brought back lots of great memories. I think Dawne would have loved it!
When we went back with the kids Karin and Kent rented it for the whole family. I think everybody really enjoyed it. As we were loading a lady that we didn't know got on also with a couple of big sacks. As we were finishing up our trip we were informed that someone from the Salvation Army was there to give each of the grandchildren a teddy bear in honor of Dawne Gibson. I have to admit, I struggled to stifle the tears. Very sweet.
Print Page
12/26/2007
Holly Trolley
Geoff's family has a tradition of renting the local 'Holly Trolley' and driving around the town with friends and family singing Christmas carols. It's a lot of fun. When we were there after Dawne passed away Karin's kids had free tickets to take a ride with one of the local banks so they invited us to come along. It brought back lots of great memories. I think Dawne would have loved it!
When we went back with the kids Karin and Kent rented it for the whole family. I think everybody really enjoyed it. As we were loading a lady that we didn't know got on also with a couple of big sacks. As we were finishing up our trip we were informed that someone from the Salvation Army was there to give each of the grandchildren a teddy bear in honor of Dawne Gibson. I have to admit, I struggled to stifle the tears. Very sweet.
Print Page
Posted by
Steph
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh man, now I'M going to cry!
Post a Comment