I got my new issue of Family Fun yesterday and took a few minutes to thumb through it today. I just love Family Fun! I'm able to take my creative piracy to new heights after reading this magazine! So, like I was saying, I was looking through it today and saw this ad for Capri Sun:

Nice. Cheery. Yellow. Fruity. Fun. In. The. Sun. Innocent enough... don't you think? What caught me off guard was the next page which is a continuation of the ad:

I'm so totally writing to the editor!! I have an 8 yr old daughter who loves to look through this magazine. Bad.

9 comments:
Eeeewww! That is probably not ever a real phote...it's just photoshopped. His real a$$ would be hairy I think. But you're right, it's totally inappropriate for that magazine. What were they THINKING??!
I also got the magazine and thought much the same thing when I saw it. My kids don't usually read it so I just thought, "Ew, gross," and turned the page, but what a good idea to write a letter.
Cindi
I agree with Steph. This country has a serious crack problem.
Man, you CRACK me up!!!!
All this CRACK is KILLING me! Wait... I can't see it. Push your butt out some more there will ya weird guy in a hospital gown? hehe
LOL. oooo. im thirsty. capri sun anyone?
I totally agree with Steph!!! I am going to write a little note too.
Hello...Dave here. I was talking to Shelley and she told me about this post. I got to thinking about it...I could see how the advertisement would not be funny to everyone...or even palatable. It is not my kind of humor either. But it was unclear to me if the issue was preference in humor or protecting children or what. The question for me was is it harmful for children? I don't know...what would you say? It is not sexual. It is not the statue of David either, or a picture in a medical textbook. It is meant to be humorous. Is it like watching violence on tv, influencing children to not behave modestly? Maybe...but I don't know enough about it to feel as strongly as some...but then I don't have daughters either.
Post a Comment