A couple of days later, two young guys (in their 20's) stopped and asked if they could mow our lawn. Uh. Look at the pictures again. I think I asked them if they were serious. They said yes. I think I just chuckled. What were they gonna mow? Anyway, I told them that I was looking into having someone hall this stuff off and asked them what they would charge to do that. They said $30. I thought this was a pretty good deal since I had talked with the city and they would haul off the first load for free any additional load would be $40. I figured that we had at least 3 loads there. So I hired these two boys to haul it off. They were in a truck that they immediately loaded down with the brush. They left and returned with a trailer and loaded the truck and trailer down. Then they left to dump it (I have no idea where - probably somebody else's yard) and when they came back they were driving a little station wagon. That's right. A station wagon. Following are the pictures that I stealthily snapped when they weren't looking! Even today I laugh out loud when I look at these pictures!!
When I asked them what happened to their truck they said that they had run out of gas! I had to take off to go somewhere so I gave them a check even though they hadn't quite finished. No sooner had I walked into the house and they were gone! They didn't even finish the job! At first I was kind of mad but the rest was picked up by the city for free and I continue, even today, to get an enormous kick out of these pics!! Some of the best money I've ever spent! The person I saw garage-saling.... one of those boys having a crappy garage sale. I know where he lives maybe I should go dump a load of brush in his yard!!


6 comments:
Omigosh! They probably stole that station wagon! All for their next fix...I can't believe you ran into him again! Did you confront him?
I HAVE SERIOUSLY NEVER LAUGHED SO FREAKING HARD!!! PAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA! Oh man steph. That was freaking classic! LOL! I can't believe that was even real? Your not playing some sick joke on me are you? hehehehe. good one. And that should be in those stupid email chain letters that float around the internet world. Similar to the Oklahoma wedding email you sent me. hehehe. Thanks for the laugh babe!
No. This is no sick joke! This is my life living in rural Oklahoma!!
that is HILARIOUS!! Next time you read my blog and I'm having a bad day, send me this picture so I can laugh! You have the best experiences and you and your husband are awesome with that camera!!
Hey Steph rural OK is Great!!! HaHa
When you showed this to be the other day I thought I was going to die!!! I love your new template!
Jen W.
seriously hilarious!!! that is the funniest thing I've ever seen. what a fun life you have!!! ;)
Post a Comment