
This past weekend we went to visit my dad to celebrate his birthday. We decided that since sometimes it's hard to buy presents for a guy who pretty much can get whatever he wants that we would all (my sis, bro, and their respective spouses and Geoff) help him clean up his property. He lives kinda in the woods and it was quite the task! Well, while I was raking out the flower beds of all the leaves, I disturbed the slumber of a nasty pest! I started screaming my head off and ran to the porch! My brother raked through the pile of leaves until he found the evil thing! Honestly, I assumed it was a grass snake or something but my brother informed me that it was a copperhead! The picture to the right depicts what one might look like! My brother-in-law killed it with a rake and then threw it into the brush fire. Man, do I ever hate snakes!
On a lighter note: my dad was driving my brother-in-law around in the bucket of his little tractor raising and lowering him so he could cut back some of the trees with the chainsaw. I'm not sure why, but I thought this was pretty funny! So here's a couple of pics and a small video clip of the event!


6 comments:
I love my husband! : ) I know it's funny, but he was the killer of snakes & chainsaw master all in one day. Sorry, but that's hot. : ) Terra
I'm very glad I wasn't there!
When are you going to settle on a blog template? I have to admit, I like wondering what you're going to come up with next!
Oh, and just for you, I took that letter typing thing (forgot the correct terminology) off my comments section.
Good thing WE weren't there! My kids would've been so excited. They would've thought, "HEY! FREE PET!"--Shel
There are times I really enjoy living in Oklahoma, and this was a fun day! Using a chain saw and other power equipment, starting fires (burning leaves and branches)...we may have enlarged our carbon footprint that day, but we had a lot of fun Yee-ha!
- Geoff
Abby hates snakes to pieces, but I don't mind them, and tend to leave them alone if they aren't in a threatening location. They are part of the ecology at our place just like the spiders, and like the spiders, they help control pests. Snakes are especially good at helping reduce the rodent population.
Sorry, but in my opinion the only good snake is a dead snake. Terra
Post a Comment