
Doesn't this look yummy? Don't you want a bite?
I know this is a little late in the game but I just wanted to post what we did for April Fool's Day. Last year Aspen helped me make 'cupcakes' for dinner on April Fool's Day. Really, they were delicious meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potatoes on top tinted with food coloring. Well, even though it wouldn't really surprise anyone we did it again this year. I guess it will be a new tradition. I did, however, take one of these delicious cupcakes to my PSO meeting that night and gave it to Katy - the principal. She would touch it! She asked if the topping was glue!! Silly! My friend Jack took and ate the whole thing! If I get a chance I will have to post the recipe for the meatloaf on the
recipe blog. I don't normally like meatloaf but this recipe is scrumptious!

5 comments:
I'm actually weird...I love meatloaf. We had a cool April Fools dinner last year. The chicken pot pie had was vanilla pudding with candy pieces that were cut and shaped into veggies. Like orange starburst cut like they were tiny diced carrots and so forth. it was fun. I think we did the meat loaf and mash potatoe cupcakes too. hehehe Good job!!
I like meatloaf, too, but I don't think I could eat it with Grover blue mashed potatoes on top. I'd have to force myself to even taste it! Did you at least reassure Katy that was indeed edible?! You must have quite a reputation around there if she wouldn't even touch it!--S
we made those this year, too!!! fooled those silly kids. We had a good laugh. it thought they were pretty good, too. I like my regular meatloaf recipe better, though. :)
Jack will eat ANYTHING!
Katy was so funny in her refusal to eat the cupcake. She sniffed it, felt of it and asked me if I would eat it. I said "No, it's April Fool's and that's from STEPH!". I know better :)
I think this is GREAT and would love the recipe!!! We love meatloaf in our house and a new recipe is always welcome, even from STEPH, lol.
These were so good; everyone ate them like candy! (Except the baby; she just threw hers on the floor.) Steph made plenty, and it was all I could do not to just keep munching them like popcorn. Thanks Steph!!!!
- Love, Geoff
Post a Comment