3/16/2008

Mé-hee-ko... Parte Dos

The first day we were at the resort we just laid around by the beach and the pool and read and Geoff slept (I couldn't sleep... I HAD to people watch. It made me feel better knowing that there were woman there just as big or bigger than me with no shame). But the second day we decided to go on an excursion. We paid to have someone pick us up (along with 8 other people) and take us to a really cool place called Tulum. These were some really impressive Mayan ruins. Here were some of the best shots that I took:
So, our guide for the day informed us that in order to help maintain the ruins in good condition we were not allowed to climb them (duh) and he asked that if we HAD to wear sunscreen to wear a very minimal amount and only if it was biodegradable. Honestly, I had no idea if mine was biodegradable or not and it looked like no one else was going to wear sunscreen so, I started felling some anxiety. I knew that I would burn even if I was in the shade!! I put a little in my hand and swiped my face and arms but I was going to be left behind so I bagged it and caught up with the others! Not very smart of me! Not only did I not ever touch the ruins (therefore no risk of my sunscreen doing any damage) but there was almost no shade! The whole time that we walked around listening to the guide give us a "Long-winded Brief History of the Mayan Civilization" I hid behind Geoff crouching down so that I would be out of the sun. (I hope you don't get skin cancer, Honey!) The next installment: Leopards, Pumas, and Pythons... Oh My!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Some of your pics look like they could be postcards! I loved watching the videos. Especially the one of Geoff as the bay Watch Babe Life Gaurd. Soooo sexy!
Save me, Geoff! Save me!

amberd. said...

Those pics are beatiful steph! I'm so jealous! We really need to go for a "girls" time out! I'm all for it!