3/16/2008

Mé-hee-ko... Parte Tres

The second part of our all day excursion included repelling into a cave-like... thing, zip-lining over the top of the jungle, and snorkeling in an underwater cave. I thought it was a great idea at the time we paid for it... I was feeling really adventurous. I'm embarrassed to say that I was the only one in our group that was scared out of my gourd! At least I was the only one who verbally showed it!!

Here are some photos of Geoff repelling off of the HUGE tower into the cave-like... thing. He was a natural. (Truthfully, he had done all of this stuff when he was a YMCA Camp Counselor.) He actually got to do it twice. Once was enough for me. It went against everything I thought reasonable to lean back off that tower with a luggage strap keeping me from falling to my death!!

Next item of self-inflicting torture was the zip-line. The others joked about pumas and leopards being able to jump and get ya as you are zipping by! That was the least of my worries. I was so afraid that I was going to pee my pants!

Here you have a beautiful photo of me hanging on for dear life:

The picture seems innocent enough. Nothing to be afraid of.... But what you can't see is the speed! On one of the lines we went almost 45 miles per hour! Unnatural I say... unnatural.

These next two photos show me after Jorge (names may have been altered to protect the innocent) literally "catches" me! He's smiling because he is so happy that I didn't knock his teeth out on the way in! You see, when you come into the tower you do so nearly full speed. They pretty much have to catch you! And if you lower your legs (which is a natural thing to do if you think you need to stop yourself) you will either knock out Jorge's teeth or break your legs!

Here we have a less than flattering video of me on the last line (the one that went the fastest)! After I come into the tower Pedro asks me to 'take one more step' (onto this platform thingy) that's when I said "I can't".

The next video is of Michelle (I'll write about her and her hubby Greg in the next post). She was way more graceful than I was!

We also went snorkeling in an underwater cave after the zip-line. Truthfully, it was nothing after what we just did. Not real exciting. When I get the underwater camera developed I will post those pics.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to see the underwater pics.. I hope you enjoyd it!! I am so glad that u had a blast u deserved it!!!
JENN

Rox said...

OK, that is tooooo funny that we can hear you screaming waaaaaayyyyy before we ever see you!

amberd. said...

Oh my steph! hhehee. I was all thinking you were behind the camera...and I'm like - who the hell is screaming? That lady better stop or steph won't go!! LOL!