This family we met the 2nd night we were there when we went to eat at the Japanese Hibachi Restaurant there in the resort. Susan, her husband (his name I will TOTALLY screw up if I try to write it) and their son Tyler are all from Chicago. Soooo cute! Very nice! Tyler was a typical 2 yr old (except most 2yr olds don't prefer sushi to chicken nuggets) and was very active during the dinner. Most people who sat at our table were with kids so I don't think it really mattered! Of course, we didn't mind. We were just really glad it wasn't us! We found out that they were planning on eating there every night of their stay because Tyler preferred that type of food. So, we made arrangements to eat there again also. The food was great and the company was fun; not to mention the Hibachi chef (Javier) was hilarious!
This is a video of Javier showing off one of his MANY talents with his Hibachi tools. I wish I would have captured some others but I was a little self-conscience about pulling my camera out.
We met another couple on the excursion that turned out to be Mormon (they were from Ohio). What are the chances that 4 out of the ten people on that bus would have been Mormon. Crazy. They were lots of fun. Actually, Jenny and I talked a lot but I don't think I heard a single word come out of her husband's mouth on the whole trip. He seemed to open up a little more that night at dinner (they were staying at the same resort so we ate at the Japenese place with them). I hope they read this because I have some video of Jenny repelling but I don't think she would want me to post it. It's taken from below and focuses on her butt the whole time! I think her butt looks fine but you know how us women are!
In my previous post I talked about Greg and Michelle - one of the couples that we met on the excursion. They were so fun! We had a really great time getting to know them. They're from Ohio (it seemed like a lot of people we met were from Ohio) and they own a commercial/residential carpet cleaning company. We took several pictures of them because they had forgotten their camera so I thought I would post a few here!
This last photo is a picture of Geoff's hand. We've been married for 10 years and I never knew that he had a crooked finger. Notice his middle finger is slightly crooked. It's that way on both hands! Crazy! I guess when your busy with a ton of kiddos you don't notice things like that! The plate was just a back drop. We were eating dinner when made the discovery!

3 comments:
We made the blog! I had been checking in to see if there were any recent posts and this morning they were there. I am truly grateful you spared your fan base the excrutiating site of my behind rapelling. I have to say that I was terrified as well, but everyone in our group made me feel comfortable. Besides, I felt like I needed to prove something to my 3 teenage sons. I'm normally a chicken! But, boy did I whip out the disk of pictures to prove otherwise. It was good to meet you and the others. We had a great time and we're also greeted back home by 15" of snow! I plan to check in now and then to see how you guys are doing. Have fun with your kid-lets! ~Jeff & Jennie Talbot
Hey Jennie! If you get this, email me and I will send you the video of you repelling!
I have that same crooked finger. I think its' recessive. We have good "piano" fingers. But I've never played a day in my life! LOL! You guys sound like you had a fabulous time!!
Post a Comment