I created this collage of random pictures that I'm going to describe from left to right. You can click on it to enlarge it if it is too small.
- This is a picture of the bed in the room (no adult comments please!). I took pictures of every room in our ::ahem:: Jr. Suite because it was so beautiful! Unfortunately for you the reader, the pictures don't do it justice! So I only added this picture because it was the colors were so beautiful. Though I have to say, the bed wasn't really that comfortable.
- This was the view from our balcony! The resort had a couple of really big swimming pools and this was the wave pool (in case you didn't like the real waves from the ocean that was less than 100 yards away). Geoff and I actually went and checked it out and it was pretty fun. The one thing I didn't like about it was that every hour from 10 AM to like 6 PM they would sound this REALLY loud siren to let you know that the waves were starting up! This wouldn't be too terribly annoying unless you were say... taking a nap mid-afternoon! Woke me up everytime!
- This is Geoff posing dorkishly on the boardwalk out to the beach. Cute, huh?
- Next is a photo of one of the other pools.
- This animal is a relative to the raccoon called a coati. Here you see Geoff trying to pet it. I thought it was going to jump up and gnaw his hand off at any moment so I had the camera ready for that one. Geoff must have thought similarly because he was pretty hesitant and kept jerking his hand back! These things were all over the boardwalk each morning. Following is a video of a man feeding them Fruit Loops. They totally swarm him! My favorite part is the wife! She totally cracked me up!
- More coatis
- The next photo is of the inside of the central bar area. You really can't get a feel for the magnitude of this place by looking at this picture, but it was huge! I guess I should of put photo #8 first. This is the inside of the building that is in photo #8. Ginormous!
- This is what you see when you pull up to the resort. The Entrance!
- Here we are just kickin' it by the beach. Of course, slathered with sunscreen and sitting under a huge shade because I burn in like 5 minutes!! I didn't really want to ruin the rest of my vacation with a terrible sunburn so we stayed out of the sun as much as possible!!
- Geoff kickin' it. He's pretty cute.
- Our feet. Don't ask. I just thought it was fun. Maybe it wasn't.
- The next photo is what we saw when we came out of our room: a beautifully manicured garden.
- The first two days of housekeeping did not produce lovely towel sculptures which I was really bummed about because I had read so many reviews that talked about them. But on the third day we came back to our room and found this really beautiful swan with real rose petals scattered about. Once again the photo doesn't really do it justice. Take my word for it - it was lovely!
- Where we stayed everything was included in your trip; ie. food, drinks, sun... Even though we don't drink we would order virgin frozen drinks. I'm sure the bartenders were pretty annoyed because we would order one or two drinks and they couldn't get us drunk so that we could order more!! (Therefore, leaving them a big tip!) The bartender took this picture of us as we waited for the shuttle to come and take us to the airport. We were leaving... we didn't care.
- This snake head is connected to the huge, ginormous pillar in photo #7. Pretty crazy.
- What a novel idea to put a single hammock seat on your balcony! I thought it was great for about the first 15 seconds that I sat in it. After that my legs were falling asleep and I was developing a huge indention along the back of my legs... Needless to say, not very comfortable. It would have been way better if I could have laid back in it!
I didn't add this picture to the collage because it cut off the top and bottom and I wanted you to see the whole thing. This walkway between the buildings was huge! So beautiful.
Below I have included a picture of something that had us boggled for a minute. I thought maybe it would be fun to find out all of your ideas on what it is! I did something like this in a previous post and didn't get a lot of response. This time I want you all to get out your thinking caps!! I'll think of something really cool to give you if you get it right!

6 comments:
Oh wow, I haven't thought about coatis since the Kratt brothers on pbs! I miss those guys...
Everything looks beautiful! And you guys look so serene, calm, and well-rested while waiting for your shuttle. Like you had a nice relaxing morning...maybe a quick swim in the ocean before you checked out? I'm so jealous!
So...is that mystery object just sitting on top of the counter or is it somehow "installed"?
It is somehow "installed"... sitting on top of a couter... of sorts. :)
I'm baffled. I've got to think about this some more. Hey, I'm still waiting to hear where you got those tubes of toothpaste. I don't think it's fair to put that out there and then leave me in *suspense* for weeks on end!
I'm going to guess that it's for opening and closing the sky-light!
heheh. Your videos are great! I love your Earnie laugh! Too funny. The pics are great! I'm actually sitting here super jealous right now. And thinking - Dang! You get to do it again!!!!
Post a Comment