10/10/2007

Not for the Faint of Heart

When we visit my dad sometimes we go to breakfast at this little restaurant on Saturday morning. They have a breakfast buffet and on that buffet they serve chocolate gravy & biscuits (along with other things). This is a delicacy that I've been fortunate enough to know about all of my life. Within the last few years I came to a disturbing realization that not everybody knows about this stuff!! This is just wrong. When we started our recipe blog that was one of the first posts. It is my personal mission to share this with everyone that I know! When we went Branson in the spring we were at the continental breakfast served by our hotel and it was a breakfast buffet. I told the guy running it that he would probably attract more guests to the hotel just by serving chocolate gravy with those biscuits! I was shocked to learn that he hadn't heard of it! He seemed very interested (they're good at faking it) so I told where he could find a recipe for it online. He claimed that he would check it out. The picture is of Asher thoroughly enjoying his helping of this wonderful, healthy dish! Click here if you want my recipe.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: