Three years ago, several of my friends and I went to Fort Worth, Texas and attended our first Time Out For Women. We had so much fun. We got a hotel room the night before and stayed up late laughing, cutting hair, and telling the best stories! The next day we went to this fun, spiritually uplifting conference and came home feeling like we could do anything... then Monday morning came. Just kidding! It was great. The next year we did it again. Some of the same people. We had a really fun time together but for some reason the conference just wasn't as good. Maybe it was where I was at personally and spiritually, but it didn't seem to hit the right chords for me. Last year it was in OKC and I didn't go. I just didn't have any desire. Well, this year it was in Plano, TX and I was hesitant but decided to go and bought a ticket. Unfortunately, nobody (I mean NOBODY - from our ward) else was going. I tried not to take it personal and hoped that it wasn't because they didn't want to go with me but I was so disappointed and REALLY didn't want to go by myself. Friday night I called my friend Nancy and begged her to go with me (pretty pathetic - I know). I won't tell you what I had to do to get her to come! :)
Well, she caved and we went together. It was really good. It was a little different than I had expected (it was for women and young women 12-18) but I still felt the spirit and learned some really good stuff. There was a lot of musical numbers by Hillary Weeks, Jenny Frogley, and Ab Mills (from Jericho Road) that were fabulous! And interestingly enough - Hillary Weeks was the host and she reminded me SO MUCH of my friend Ashley! It made me really miss you, Ashley!
Anyway, here's a picture of me an Hillary Weeks together:
10/28/2007
Time Out For Women
Three years ago, several of my friends and I went to Fort Worth, Texas and attended our first Time Out For Women. We had so much fun. We got a hotel room the night before and stayed up late laughing, cutting hair, and telling the best stories! The next day we went to this fun, spiritually uplifting conference and came home feeling like we could do anything... then Monday morning came. Just kidding! It was great. The next year we did it again. Some of the same people. We had a really fun time together but for some reason the conference just wasn't as good. Maybe it was where I was at personally and spiritually, but it didn't seem to hit the right chords for me. Last year it was in OKC and I didn't go. I just didn't have any desire. Well, this year it was in Plano, TX and I was hesitant but decided to go and bought a ticket. Unfortunately, nobody (I mean NOBODY - from our ward) else was going. I tried not to take it personal and hoped that it wasn't because they didn't want to go with me but I was so disappointed and REALLY didn't want to go by myself. Friday night I called my friend Nancy and begged her to go with me (pretty pathetic - I know). I won't tell you what I had to do to get her to come! :)
Well, she caved and we went together. It was really good. It was a little different than I had expected (it was for women and young women 12-18) but I still felt the spirit and learned some really good stuff. There was a lot of musical numbers by Hillary Weeks, Jenny Frogley, and Ab Mills (from Jericho Road) that were fabulous! And interestingly enough - Hillary Weeks was the host and she reminded me SO MUCH of my friend Ashley! It made me really miss you, Ashley!
Anyway, here's a picture of me an Hillary Weeks together:
Posted by
Steph
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Who are those weirdos?
Post a Comment