8/14/2007

Add Baby Powder to My Shopping List

As I was blogging this morning a baby fresh scent wafted past my nose. I thought to my self 'I must have put a ton of baby powder on Andyn's bootie this morning' as she sat next to me in her highchair with the fan blowing behind her. Boy, was I wrong! Asher isn't normally mischievous (tantrums - yes, mischief - not so much) so I was really shocked when I turned around to check on him and saw him covered head to toe with every last speck of baby powder! If this had happened a week ago the consequences quite possibly would have been severe! But since things have kind of calmed down around here I just grabbed the camera... then cleaned up the mess. The funny thing is that the bottle of baby powder had been in our family since Aspen was born. I don't use it very often and it was a huge bottle! I guess this would be a good time to share with you a newsletter that I subscribe to. It's by a woman named Hannah Keeley and called "The Cure For The Common Mom". She is totally inspirational. She has 7 kids and seems to have it all together but even she admits that she doesn't. Anyway, reading some of her stuff the past couple of days probably saved Asher's life this morning! Check out her website when you get a chance: The Cure For The Common Mom.

4 comments:

akingang said...

What a cutie! Luckily powder isn't too bad to clean up. This picture should be saved for his yearbook. It is hard not to get angry and bring down the wrath of mom.

kimhumpherys said...

I'm so glad you grabbed your camera! I tend to freak out, clean up and then wished I'd snapped a photo for proof! Brayden one Sunday last year totally painted himself and his clothes with nail polish, pink of course! Big time mess and clothes ruined of course. I think he went to church that Sunday in a Spiderman shirt!

Unknown said...

Glad it was this week and not last! ;-) He looks like he's having the time of his life!

Ashley Mason said...

what a cute little devil! that is a priceless pic. you will be so glad to have that one day!