8/15/2007

My New Hobby... I Think

Look what I did today!! As long as I can remember I have bought cute scrapbooking supplies and dreamed of being supermom and having a scrapbook for everyone in our family! I've even attended a couple of scrapbooking "crops" but ended up just sitting around talking and not getting anything done!! Mostly because I just don't feel very creative and feel overwhelmed by the possibilities. Well, recently my dear friend Ashley turned me on to a new magazine called ShopSmart. It's put out by consumer reports and it's great. Information on everyday better buys. I love it! This last edition had an article on 'digital scrapbooking' and it peaked my interest. So, I started messing around with it and I truly believe this is the way to go!! No mess. No millions of supplies that you're not sure what do with AND have to store some where AND haul out every time you want to do a page. Also, there's a whole digital scrapbooking online world out there! THE cutest stuff!! Here are a couple that I've found that I like so far: Golden Girls and Atomic Cupcake. One of the ladies at GG has been emailing me personally to help me get started. New hobby? Maybe. Another reason to avoid housework? Absolutely!

4 comments:

okmft said...

I think this is great. I don't mind helping out with the housework some, in exchange for some awesome scrapbook pages :-) (as long as we can find a way to permanently store them, like printing them off on high-quality paper or something).

- Geoff

Unknown said...

OR buying a new hard drive to back everything up on...just an idea.
;-)

amberd. said...

Blogging is SOO my digital scrapbook! I'm so over scrapbooking. What to do with all those supplies sitting in the basement though? Hmmmm?

Anonymous said...

Well we there are lots of places to print, Costco is the best value and quality, so hopefully you have one around.

We design at 12x12 but for now only print to 8x8 and slip into expandable albums for all the kiddies! It's addicting! Watch out!

UT-OTMer ;) Can you guess who?