8/14/2007

Squeaky Clean!

It's a little crazy how many baptisms have taken place in the last couple of months. Mostly my friends' kids. Well, I would like to add Aspen's to the pile of cuteness! She was baptized on July 22, 2007. Exactly 15 years and 1 day after me. Kinda neat. She was baptized along side her twin cousins - Brooke and Blair. Grandma and Grandpa Gibson haven't missed any of the grandkids baptisms so far and since Grandma isn't able to travel we took the baptisms to her. My mom made her dress. She used some left over material from my wedding dress for the top part of the dress. I'm so glad I have a mom that knows her way around sewing machine! (I know how to sew and hate it!!) The baptism was really nice. Interestingly enough, Aspen asked me to give the talk on Baptism and the twins wanted Allyson (their mother) to give the talk on the Holy Ghost. I say interesting because Aspen didn't ask her daddy to do it. She adores her dad so I was sure she would want him to do it but she didn't even hesitate. We didn't even give her any suggestions. She wanted me. It made me feel really special. Truth is that most of the time I feel like she hates me! Of course I started crying when the opening song was being sung. Allyson told me it was okay for us to cry because it was my first to be baptized and her last. So, I just kept doing it. All the way through my talk. Just kidding! I did manage to regain my composure so I could say a few things that they will never remember! Also, Aspen had to be baptized twice! She went first and I kept thinking that he was doing something wrong but I couldn't put my finger on it until Gregg (his brother) baptized one of the twins. Geoff had raised his left arm instead of his right. When Geoff and Aspen had come out of the water, I told him "I think that you did it backwards." He just whispered "It'll be our little secret" and smiled. I told him that I thought he would have to do it over. Needless to say, he had to do it over! Aspen didn't seem to mind. I think Geoff was a little embarrassed. (Just think of his embarrassment when he reads this post and realizes that all of my friends will read it!!) It was a really sweet memory to make.        
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

okmft said...

You are right - I am embarassed! But the whole experience was still great.

kimhumpherys said...

Aspen is such a pretty little girl! I don't like that they're becoming more grown up!! Priceless photos!!