8/25/2007

Lolly's Bday

So, my friend Laura (her nickname is Lolly) had a birthday in July and I threw her a surprise birthday party. I just realized that I never blogged about it! It was totally fun! She never even suspected it! We (my friend Carissa helped me stage it) did it the day before her birthday and we used the drive-in movie theme. Carissa's husband even set up a projector to his laptop and hung a sheet out back so that we could watch a movie. Unfortunately, it rained and we couldn't do the movie thing but we had a great time inside playing games and making ourselves sick on nachos, popcorn, candy bars and cake. Speaking of cake, it was one of the most delicious cakes that I've ever made! And it looked really cute too! Just like a bucket of popcorn!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the cake! It looks great! What did you use for the popcorn?

Steph said...

I used mini marshmallows that I pulled apart and then put back together (gave it a more authentic look).

kimhumpherys said...

What a great idea!!