8/26/2007

Memory Lane

So, we have a ton of pictures that we need to scan in (from before time of digital camera) and I was looking through them to find some good pics of the Holt Ward gang. I think I hit the jackpot. Here's one of Aubrey Alvesteffer and Aspen playing around on the keyboard. Totally cute!
Next is at Aspen's 3rd Birthday. Amber and Shelley are supervising the use of the gianormous punch balls all the kids got! The Humphrey's had just barely moved into our ward (like the day before or something) and their daughter Brookelyn was having a birthday so we invited them over along with the Dahles and the Capeners to celebrate her birthday. It was a lot of fun. Here are a few pics from that. This was our Last Hoorah at our house. The Dahles, the Capeners, the Smiths, the Humphrey's, the Clarks, the Stedmans and even our neighbors the Samborskis all came for a BBQ at our house before we moved. Probably to say good riddance! So the following slide show is pictures of that event. I'm just glad that Amber and Craig came prepared for a fire! Finally, the day we moved. When we went to Oklahoma in July, 2002 for my high school reunion Geoff took a job offer and we had exactly 3.5 weeks to sell our house, pack our things, and high tail it to Oklahoma. We had a garage sale. Finished a few 'little' home improvements (like painting our entire house - with the help of several ward members). And we sold the house in about a week and a half. Just in time to jam every last thing that we owned into a moving truck and make our way westward like the Beverly Hillbillies!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow! That seems like yesterday! I can't believe how long ago it all was...what a fun time. Great Pictures!

Love, Heidi

amberd. said...

I just busted a gut laughing at those pics. I love the one of craig trying to be sexy!! Hahahaha! That makes me miss Holt Ward soo much! It also makes me sad to know that I don't fit into any of those clothes i was wearing in the pictures anymore. I'm a Glossy Chicken! What have I become!!

kimhumpherys said...

Steph, I love the pics! You were so nice to invite us over to celebrate with you. I love all the pics of my kids..and yes, that pic of Craig is a riot!! We had a blast!! You'll need to give me some of these photos!! Thanks for posting them!!