8/05/2007
Geckos, Toads, and Crickets - Oh My!
I found this little guy in my Wal-Mart bag the other day after returning from a grocery shopping trip! To be honest, they kind of creep me out. Right now they are EVERYWHERE! (I'm not sure why - something with the weather I suppose.) Anyway, I think he hopped into my bag as I was loading the groceries into the van. Then, Friday Aspen talked me into buying a little reptile tank (purchased at a garage sale) so she could have a pet turtle, frog, lizard... anything (she's desperate for a pet). I took her to the pet store yesterday and we mulled over the all the icky possibilities and in the end she chose a fire-bellied toad.(Below)
I actually thought that he was pretty cute and was just getting over the ick factor when the kid who was helping us started scooping out a dozen little crickets for us to take home to feed the critter and then informed us we should also take home a container of meal worms!! I seriously almost threw up! The lady that runs the shop was standing nearby and looked thoroughly annoyed with me! I can't help it!!
Well, we brought him home and everybody gave a couple of ideas for names and then Aspen drew from them and on the paper Ainsley had written 'hoper' (she really meant 'hopper') so his name is Hoper!
Ainsley informed me that she too wanted a little pet - a gecko. Fortunately for her, the gecko and toad can co-exist. Unfortunately for me, this means more crickets that I have to purchase each week!
Posted by
Steph
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Have fun with those crickets! Been there done that and you LAUGHED at me at the time.....guess who's laughing NOW Sista!!!
PetSmart has GREAT little crickets (found store's here were to big for our lizards). I'm talking itty bitty boogers!
TALK TO ME STEPH!!!!
Post a Comment